Is it true that offshoring was a condition for competitiveness?
Freyssenet M., Is it true that offshoring was a condition for competitiveness?, Beyond (de)industrialization : the future of industries, EAEPE Annual Conference 2013 European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy, Paris Nord/13 University Campus Bobigny, November 7-9. Éditions numériques, http://eaepe.org, http://freyssenet.com, 2015, 262 Ko, ISSN 1776-0941.
Freyssenet M., Is it true that offshoring was a condition for competitiveness? Slides presentation, Beyond (de)industrialization : the future of industries, EAEPE Annual Conference 2013 European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy, Paris Nord/13 University Campus Bobigny, November 7-9. Éditions numériques, http://eaepe.org, http://freyssenet.com, 2013, 612 Ko, ISSN 1776-0941.
The text and its slides presentation can be downloadable going to the bottom of the page.
1. According to managerial meanstream, the conditions for firms competitiviness at globalisazion era are : outsourcing, offshoring, labor costs reduction. We now have a sufficient basis for judging the relevance of these recommendations
2. What generalist carmaker was the most competitive in Europe last ten years ? Fiat Auto? PSA ? Renault ? Volkswagen ?
3. the european generalist carmaker more competitive today is the less outsourced, the less relocated, with the highest labor costs : Wolkswagen
4. The segment A car models, relocated in Central Europa, were less competitive than their previous models produced in origin countries of the four generalist European carmakers
5. What is the real cause of competitiveness difference? VW pursued constantly and rigorously its “volume and diversity” profit strategy. Fiat Auto, PSA and Renault hesitated between “volume and diversity”, “innovation and flexibility” and “social quality” profit strategies and frequently changed orientation.
6. Main results of the trajectories analysis of the four generalist European carmakers : outsourcing, offshoring and labor costs reduction did not restore the competitiveness of manufacturers that were insufficiently competitive ; the competitiveness of enterprises depends primarily on the relevance and coherence of their profit strategy
7. Spatial policies have effectiveness only if they contribute to the implementation of the chosen profit strategy in the different national or regional institutional contexts. Reorganisation of production at regional level is profitable to all, only if the income is redistributed to people in the present low cost countries For the moment, it is not the case
Automobile, délocalisation, externalisation, réduction des coûts, compétitivité, stratégie de profit
Économics, Geography, Management, History, Political science, Sociology, Statistics
Date of on-lining
Dates of updatings
|Is it true that offshoring, outsourcing and labor costs reduction were conditions for competitiveness.pdf||525.45 Ko|
|Slides Is it true that offshoring was a condition for competitiveness.pdf||612.38 Ko|